Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Pink jag



Hey - wait! The baby was a boy so I should be posting in blue. Oh, darn. He was born at 12:45 a.m. today. Another April birthday.

I am so darn tired tonight. I have postponed the hospital visit until tomorrow when my sister can be there. I have heard that baby and parents and grandparents are all doing fine. Relief. Apgar of 9.9 (which tells me either there weren't too many drugs involved or this is the second reading). Hey I just Googled the word Apgar and found out it is an acronym for Activity, Pulse, Grimace, Appearance, Respiration. Named after Virginia Apgar in 1952.

Okay, I don't think I want to know what they do to get the poor baby to grimace. I know what I do to get a grimace.

1. Think about my daughter and her boyfriend.
2. Think about the mess my pets are making or have made.
3. Think about a staff meeting.
4. Think about the rising prices of gasoline.
5. Think about how hard it is getting to post anything on this blog anymore.

There are more, but I am just too tired to think.

Network topic for today: Before you e-mail friends and family pictures be sure to resize the file so that it does not exceed the mailbox limit. A quick and nifty re-size program I use is called Irfanview. Free, dependable, easy to use. Lots of features for a free package.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I always have trouble with the re-sizing of photos because my camera takes an 8mg photo and re-sizing makes me have to degrade stuff. I don't crash mailboxes but I come close! Congratulations on your new grandnephew(?). If they live close you may get stuck with some babysitting.

Peruby said...

I have a 5.1 MP camera. I would like to upgrade someday.

The baby girl born in October and this little tyke are "first" grandchildren on our side of the family. I don't get any babysitting time. :(