Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I got clouds



I have plenty of cloud pictures to post. I'll grow weary of it soon, so bear with me. I am taking my camera today. I have no idea what the weather is going to be like. We haven't turned our television on in days other than to watch the movie Spirit.

The wind was pretty chilly when I let the dog out this morning.

I think today is going to be an easy day. Yesterday was pretty rough. I think I have the problem solved. Time will tell. A local network was being attacked. Not like a terrorist attack but by a packet storm. It appears to me as if it were internal.

A packet storm is when a machine or a group of machines flood the network with packets of data that will eat up the bandwidth and render a network useless. End users could go nowhere and do nothing because there was no bandwidth left for them.

A couple of technicians along with myself attempted to determine that source of this culprit machine. Hah! Can you say spoofing? We were chasing phantoms.

Here is what I did that I believe will resolve the issue.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I haven't been able to figure out how the images from commenters get posted on some sites with their comments and on mine they don't! I see my template to allow that but all it does is include the link back! Don't you wish we lived next door so that we could get out heads together some afternoon and tweak the h... out of this stuff?

Peruby said...

When I read your comment, I don't see the picture, but when I post I do.I never really noticed that before.

It would be great to live next door to each other.We could probably solve most of the world's problems, too. That is after a couple of glasses of wine. (wink, wink)