
I lost a day this week because of having Monday off. I forgot to put the garbage out on Wednesday morning. I had a lot, too. Because of all the food fixings I did for Easter dinner.
Above picture was taken about ten minutes ago. I wanted to capture the tulips while they are fresh. They are in the front yard. The ones in the back yard do not get very much sunshine and the leaves show up, but no flowers. I think they bloomed the first year and that was it. I may dig them up this fall and replant them elsewhere.
My yellow feather tulips are blooming also. Again, I will mention that I did not order yellow ones. I am sure I ordered deep orange red, but this is what I got. You can't really tell from the bulb you stick in the ground. Bah!
My peonies look like this will be a banner year for them. They are light pink.
My dogwood is coming along nicely. My lilac bush has a lot of dead debris on it that I need to chop off.
I was gassing up my car the other day and it never ceases to amaze me what people will paste onto their vehicles. I feel the same way about yard ornaments. About the time I turned 25 I began thinking of a house of my own and how I would decorate it and landscape it. I never really understood the homes that put a wooden cutout of a little boy with his pants down peeing into a bush or flower. They would use a clear tube for the stream of urine. I guess they thought this was cute. It was kind of in the same vein as the shapely lady bent over her flower garden in a red print dress with her bloomers showing. At least I think that is what it was. I always wondered "What are you trying to say to people who drive by your house?"
Which brings me back to vehicles. There are so many bumper stickers or support stickers you can paste onto your car to tell the world how you feel or what you support. I recall seeing a bumper sticker while living in Virginia that said "Sh!t happens". It was also a big thing to get vanity plates during the mid 80's. Some people really had imagination.
At the gas station I saw a nice truck backing up. On his back windshield was a huge red sticker. I couldn't make out the picture, but the words were clear. "My other ride is your girlfriend." Oh, how mature is that? I am kind of glad I couldn't make out the graphics. I never did get a look at the guy, but he did have a girl in the passenger side. I remember thinking to myself, 'What kind of girl would ride in a pick-up with that on the back window?' Needless to say I didn't have much respect for her or him.
A few weeks back on one of my jaunts, I sat in a redlight behind a Pacifica. There was a purple support sticker. (The usual loop ribbon shape). I wondered 'Now what does the color of purple support?' I inched closer to read the ribbon. 'Support B!tch!ng' Wow. Okay. On the other side of the Pacifica was a clear ribbon outlined in red. What did it say? 'Some a$hole, stole my support sticker.' This really is a character, huh? It didn't stop there. In the bottom left corner of the back window was a sticker of Homer Simpson bending over and pointing to his rear end. I guess that meant 'Kiss this?'
Of all the things you can tell people about yourself with your vehicle or yard and this is what some people choose? Where is the class? This is another big reason I can't stand to watch shows like The Simpsons and The Weakest Link. There is no respect for other people on certain television shows. Where have we as a civilization come to when we criticize and put others down? Can you actually laugh when Judge Judy belittles the people in her courtroom? I can't. I can't help but wonder who in the hell she thinks she is.
Wait! And this coming from somebody who loves to watch Seinfeld. Oh well. Guilty as charged.
Of all the things you can tell people about yourself with your vehicle or yard and this is what some people choose? Where is the class? This is another big reason I can't stand to watch shows like The Simpsons and The Weakest Link. There is no respect for other people on certain television shows. Where have we as a civilization come to when we criticize and put others down? Can you actually laugh when Judge Judy belittles the people in her courtroom? I can't. I can't help but wonder who in the hell she thinks she is.
Wait! And this coming from somebody who loves to watch Seinfeld. Oh well. Guilty as charged.
No comments:
Post a Comment