Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter purple



I did get to spend a wee bit of time with the munchkin before she was carted away to the other Grandma's house. I had a surprise tyke show up with my niece. He is her nephew on her Mom's side and we got to enjoy him for a little while before he also had to go to another dinner.

One sister and I helped another sister move some furniture in the morning on Friday and in the afternoon I had unexpected company show up. A welcome guest. She and I worked together in 1978 and have remained great friends since. I moved to Texas and Virginia and back. She has moved a few times to Columbus and back. We played catch up. She is a grandmother of three and takes care of her Mother who is wheelchair bound.

My sister and nephew came on Saturday and the baking and fixing of food began. I have stayed up way past midnight on all three nights and still get up around the 6:30 a.m. time frame. I am exhausted. It is no wonder that a sore and scratchy throat feeling began this morning.

I loaded my car up on Sunday morning and was at my sister's house for the family get together from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. There were about 20 people in all. If everyone came with their significant others, children, step-children and grandchildren we would have at the very least 30.

In the middle of all of this I have neglected my teenage daughter somewhat. She has had a friend over and they have run amok since Friday. Last night was a tad bit too much drama for me. Her friend is causing trouble between her old boyfriends and her new ones. I put an end to all of it this morning by taking her home. Her parents never come to get her, she wouldn't go home if I didn't take her there. I gave this one a second chance since the late night fiasco a couple of weeks ago and she blew it last night.

So that was even less sleep and the result is one cranky Mom this morning. I slept with my daughter's cell phone and with the Internet box unplugged. I cleaned house this morning, my daughter did a few chores and is now enjoying one of her late birthday presents from her cousin. She talked to me for over an hour with tears about how she misses her boyfriend and how she really didn't want to run with her friend this week-end but was so bored. I guess I should have made her go to the family get together yesterday. Then I would have had to put up with her whining every hour, "I'm bored, can we go now?" Without her I was able to help my sister clean up. She had to work today, I didn't.

Oh, well. The dust has settled from my house cleaning and we are settling into a quiet last day of Spring break before returning to school and work tomorrow. And what a beautiful day it is. If I get rested up enough, I want to tackle the yard work. Yeah. Well, that's the plan.

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

You sure have been busy. Glad to hear you had a good time though.
Holidays are for the little ones. Without them, it's just another day. That's why we went for our ride...no other place to go and didn't want to stay home.