Saturday, August 20, 2005

After the Storm

tappan lake


Whoa. I want to tell you. I drove through some pretty harsh weather after leaving the mall in Pittsburgh. It is about a two hour drive for us, and this one took longer. Cars were pulled over to wait it out.

Once I arrived a little closer to home, I noticed this beautiful scene on the lake. Tappan Lake. I took a little extra time and snapped away. I didn't wait around for the sun to set completely. We were tired and we wanted to be done with the trip.



School shopping is done as far as the clothes go. We didn't get a supply list. The area stores have the lists up until eighth grade. My daughter is starting high school. Yikes.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I love those Zen moments at the end of busy days such as shopping for school. Congrats to your daughter for being patient letting you capture the moment.

Peruby said...

She was with her boyfriend in the back seat of the car. They slept on the way home. Sigh.