The above photo is lifted from the Internets. It is not the school construction site I visited yesterday. But, this is pretty much what a construction site looks like when a new school building is being built. If you have never visited one, you can probably imagine the mess.
So I go there yesterday morning to meet with the School tech and the telco (telephone company) that is supplying the fiber. The telco arrives with no hard hat and open toed shoes and she did not bring any equipment. Then she asks us if the fiber has been installed. Really? Your organization is supplying the fiber and you don't know?
The tech can provide her with a hard hat, but there is nothing we can do about the shoes. She is not permitted on the property.
I saw later that the room was not near ready for any equipment, but she didn't bring it anyway.
This left the school tech and I shaking our heads. WTH? She just drove out here for a joy ride? The tech and I had another meeting and she gave me a tour of the building and I at least was able to see where our equipment would go even if they are not ready for us.
It just reaffirms my yesterday post about some organizations and their business practices.

1 comment:
People like that really amaze me.
Post a Comment