Monday, July 29, 2013

Seriously

I have worked with telcos (slang for telephone companies) for almost 20 years. Now, I am working with fiber optic organizations. I am serious when I tell you this. Telco workers always had to come back to finish the job. They never did a complete installation in one trip. There was always "I need a part, I'll have to come back tomorrow (or next week)".   It was to pad their hours. It had to be. Every single time the tech would pull this. It was not always the same tech.

I can remember one tech bragging on a Wednesday that he already had his forty hour week in. He said (with pride and glee in his voice) - everything from here to the end of the week is overtime! He almost sang it.

I am curious to see how fiber optic techs handle such installations for fiber. I am meeting a tech at a school today. This is my first time working with this company. I hope they don't waste my time or the school personnel time (all tax payer money) with their greed.

3 comments:

Grumpy said...

I guess we shouldn't be surprised. Scamming the system is the American way.

Tabor said...

I kind of wondered why a repair person would not bring the correct part when I had called with all the info on the appliance including what was needed to fix it. Now, I see, and I am going to have to confront them both prior and after they show up!!

Celia said...

I always wondered about the parts too, I try to get them myself ahead of time if I can.