Monday, July 15, 2013

Hydrangeas

It has been a very good year for flowers. I have not added the aluminum to my hydrangea plant for a while, so the flowers are purple. They would probably be total pink if I didn't add the aluminum.

The plant is getting very big. I purchased another, but as I may have told you - killed it by adding too much aluminum. Hence why I don't add any recently.

I wanted to get a big hydrangea line going along the front of my patio.

The plant (the first one) is half hidden behind the lilac bush. The instructions said to plant in partial shade, so it could be that the others wouldn't do that well anyway because they would have total sun.

I've killed one earwig, two spiders and what looked like a tiny white/green aphid since I brought the flowers in. Yuck!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Beautiful hydrangea! I just love them. I have three large hydrangea bushes in my front yard. They are just now starting to bloom (such a cool summer we've had so far). And the rest of my flowers are starting to come in now too. One of my favorite times of the year. :)