My neighbor had their dog put down yesterday. This is an old picture of Hogan. The front leg you see there had lost all muscle and was a stick bone. He had to hold it straight out when he tried to walk or run.
The last few days he did not get up from his bed. Yesterday he was laying in his own feces and vomit and still would not get up. He stopped eating.
The vet said if it were his dog....my neighbors had him for 13 years.
But this is not the end of it. Oh, no. I have four blogs that I read who recently had a dog pass and one blog I read, their dog has a very serious illness.
Ugh. Such sadness all around.

3 comments:
Oh poor baby, it sounded like the best thing. I wonder how old he was before they got him. Our dog will be 13 this fall and sometimes her back goes out and she can't get up for 12 hours or so. We bring her food and water and then finally we try to get her up so she can go out. So far (crossing fingers) she has been able to get up. It will be a very sad day when she can't.
When you get a dog you know this is part of the contract, but it's probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do.
As Grumpy said, when we pick out that cute little puppy, we know in our hearts all too soon down the road we will be faced with the saddest of all decisions. Are their brief lives with us worth the pain of loss--oh yes.
Post a Comment