Many, many moons ago - I used a program called Wordperfect. This was before the days of Windows and MS Office. That enormous package may have been around but my establishment used Wordperfect and Lotus. Remember Lotus 1-2-3? Anyway, I think it was Wordperfect that used the Blue Morpho butterfly I have pictured above. I fell in love with it way back then.
The conservatory at Key West was polluted with them. I like blue and I am sure this may be one of the most favorite of the butterfly species. In the conservatory at Niagara Falls and Columbus it was difficult for me to get a photo with their wingspan open. When this butterfly lands it folds up its' wings and they are brown on the underside.
Until I found this one. Sitting on a blue bench. It sat there for a long time and I think I took about 20 pictures of it. I had to be called away from this presentation of blue on blue. My grand niece had a butterfly on her head and my sister wanted a picture. I obliged.
Now, looking and posting the picture I am thinking to myself, 'Maybe it was dead.'
Now, looking and posting the picture I am thinking to myself, 'Maybe it was dead.'

2 comments:
I used word perfect. I used it long after Office came out. I remember thinking Office was not comparable to Word Perfect. Then one day no one was using Word Perfect. Everyone was talking about how easy and how great Office was and they were holding classes all over the country on Office. Word Perfect faded into oblivion. But I don 't remember the butterfly. Maybe on the early editions of WP. I used Office. I used it at home, at the office. I used Office but I never liked it. I was never as proficient on Office as WP. I have never forgiven Microsoft. As soon as I could afford a Mac I got one.
What a nostalgic moment -- and very odd that we are at a time in history where a computer program could inspire nostalgia. I still remember the "Aha" moment when I realized I could put an actual formula in a cell in Lotus 1-2-3. This stuff could catch on, I thought!
Post a Comment