A few weeks back I posted a picture of a nest. An EMPTY next. Some time later I wrote that there were a couple of things I had happen in my life that I was not quite ready to talk about. I told you about the Boxer. Now about my little girl. She moved to Florida one month ago.
This photo is about two years old. She dyed her hair dark brown since then. I will see her in seven days. My nephew and I are driving. We will pick her up near Orlando and drive on to Key West. This is by no means my "dream" vacation. I do not like the heat. I am not a big "ocean" person. I like it, sure - but, if I had my choice - I would see the ocean from Nova Scotia or Maine. Better yet, a fresh water lake. Sigh.
This photo is about two years old. She dyed her hair dark brown since then. I will see her in seven days. My nephew and I are driving. We will pick her up near Orlando and drive on to Key West. This is by no means my "dream" vacation. I do not like the heat. I am not a big "ocean" person. I like it, sure - but, if I had my choice - I would see the ocean from Nova Scotia or Maine. Better yet, a fresh water lake. Sigh.
Regardless, my daughter moved away and then I gave my Boxer away all within about a week of each other. I am still reeling from the shock. I am not near ready for ten days in Florida. Not NEAR ready.
We will have the latest iPad (4G) so I may post some photos as I get a chance. My nephew purchased a new Sony (do not have the details with me) - but he was showing me the sensor sizes chart. Interchangeable lens, it has 1080p video, etc... He is having a blast with it. He is going to take some great shots. Me? I will have my two Canons with me (one heavy and bulky and one point-and-shoot) and my daughter will have her waterproof Olympus. I am going to check to see how deep it can function because we plan to snorkel.
I have a niece getting married in Key West on the 18th. The heat may be unbearable for me, but the company is outstanding. I am certain the view will be great as well.
We will have the latest iPad (4G) so I may post some photos as I get a chance. My nephew purchased a new Sony (do not have the details with me) - but he was showing me the sensor sizes chart. Interchangeable lens, it has 1080p video, etc... He is having a blast with it. He is going to take some great shots. Me? I will have my two Canons with me (one heavy and bulky and one point-and-shoot) and my daughter will have her waterproof Olympus. I am going to check to see how deep it can function because we plan to snorkel.
I have a niece getting married in Key West on the 18th. The heat may be unbearable for me, but the company is outstanding. I am certain the view will be great as well.

5 comments:
Wow, I can't believe she is 21 already. They really do grow up fast.
I love the ocean. I could sleep on the beach at night anywhere as long as it's warm. On the other hand, my husband is not crazy about the ocean at all. Sigh.
Try not to think about the heat...I was just in Palm Beach and the weather was very nice except for late afternoons. Just be a people watcher and photographer and enjoy the time with that beautiful young lady. Is she going to school there?
Not near ready or not, perhaps this is the ideal time for a vacation in Florida -- although I would also prefer a fresh mountain lake. Looking forward to photos from your family's arsonal of cameras.
Awww, Happy BIrthday!!! My girl turns 21 next week. My older girl, I should say. I love, love, love Key West. And even though I, too, am far more of a Maine/Nova Scotia/Alaska type person at this point in my life, I still fondly remember the one trip I took to Key West about 15 years ago, and would gladly go back again. The food, the sights and sounds, the scenery - it's all SO unique that despite the heat, I hope you will enjoy it. Take pictures of the sunset at Mallory Square - I miss that!! I DO hope you have fun, more than you are imagining you will have now!!!
You do have things happening. Congrats.
Post a Comment