Thursday, April 05, 2012

Death by chocolate

On the tenth of March I was at a birthday party for a two year old. In some areas or families it is traditional to give a baby their own cake on their first birthday. This little one got an entire chocolate cake with vanilla pudding just under the surface of all that chocolate icing on his second birthday. You can see a little of the pudding peeking out at the bottom left. What he ate was at the bottom right. He was not impressed. He ate a little. Then pushed it aside. 

Towards me. Very close to me. He soon went into another room to open gifts. All eyes were on him. I myself, was very interested in the cake. Let's just say by the time all the gifts were opened a big dent had been created on the other side of that cake. Mmmmm.

4 comments:

Grumpy said...

I'm with you. Not leaving without some of that cake.

Cheyenne said...

You made me giggle. I think I would have done the same thing. I love cake, especially those that are so moist.

kden said...

That's too much chocolate for a little one. Good for you for helping him out, I would have done the same. All for the sake of the child's health, mind you.

Anonymous said...

The kid doesn't yet understand how lucky he is to get a whole chocolate cake to himself. The last time I saw a cake like that and could have all I wanted, I was a ten year old visiting my aunt Bertha.