I was never a fan of Mike and Ike candy. My brother would have it around when I lived at his house and you know - if it is just sitting there you are going to take one or two. Well, they grew on me. I think it is the sticking to my teeth part that I do not like. Same thing with gummy bears. I never liked them until one group of friends would give a bag to each other every birthday and open them at the party and I would eat one or two.
I was so disappointed with my candy the other day. The candy in the photograph. Stale. No good. I am going to throw the entire box away. It was only 99¢, so it is no great loss. I guess I will stick to sweet candy. At least I can still eat chocolate even if it does go stale.
For a Windows-based machine, to get the cent sign, hold your Alt key down and using your keypad, press 0162. Let go of all keys and there you have it. For Mac (as I understand it) you can use the Option or shift keys - there is a keyboard viewer and character map also. I understand it is much easier and user friendly on a mac.
To play, you can open up Notepad and try a bunch of numbers while holding down the Alt key. Or just "google" ASCII and ANSI Character chart. They work on facebook, too. Have fun. §

1 comment:
I still don't like gummy bears or Mike & Ikes. In spite of that I just love the Sunkist jelly fruit wedges. But I rarely eat candy except for my daily fix of dark chocolate...no filling, no nuts, just smooth dark chocolate.
Post a Comment