Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Repercussion

We've all done it I suppose. Come to a point where you are so fed up you let someone have it with both barrels. I did this at work. Not to a co-worker. An application I work with and the company that manufactures it. Sigh. I was totally fed up.

Now, come the repercussions. They are falling over themselves trying to fix something - anything. I have to work with an engineer today from their organization. He will try to "fix" things for me. Whatever. I was so angry on Friday I was spitting nails.

Today the anger has dissipated. Today I am just numb. I will try to get my dander back up so that my mind is sharp and I can work with him to resolve the issue. It takes so much darn energy!

6 comments:

Bagman and Butler said...

Hooray for you! Like you, I am always too nice...well, almost always. But often when we do blow up at someone in the workplace, it gets their attention and things change. As long as it doesn't result in a harassment suit. But venders are fair targets.

Tabor said...

Glad this is working out better than it could have. Losing one's temper is not the best approach I contend, but holding someone to the line firmly and with honesty is good.

Anonymous said...

Good luck. Glad I'm retired and no longer have problems.

Anonymous said...

And I do like that double barreled picture. Where did that come from?

Peruby said...

Bill,

For the picture, I go to Goole.

I choose "Images" from the list of choices.

In the Search bar I type:

looking down the barrel shotgun

Yesterday that picture was first. Today I see it is second.

I check to make sure it is not copyright protected (yep, sure you do Peruby) and then download it to my computer and uplaod it to my blog.

Peruby said...

All,

Thank-you for your kind words.

One time (same company) I was ranting to one of the engineers then right in the middle of my rant I paused, changed the tone of my voice and said sweetly to the guy :

"Realize Brian, I am not angry with you - I am just frustrated at the problems I am having with the application."

Then I went right back into my tirade.

He told me later he thought that was funny.