Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Settled Down

I was never a BIG fan of Hank,Jr. Even less so after I saw him make an ass of himself when he berated his crew in concert. One song phrase does pass through my mind quite often. "All my rowdy friends have settled down."  How lonely one must be out there in the bar trying to get loud and drunk with the younger set. Leave it to the younger set. I have settled down. I despise the bar scene. The lights, the noise. Back then (the smoke). I do not miss it one iota.

The photo above is from a set my nephews did. One nephew sings, the other controls the audio mix. They get a gig every once in a while. The singing nephew is mixing it up with two different bands these days. They don't practice much. They just get out there and howl. I have not heard them. Photo courtesy of nephew 1977.

I can still remember the day I first heard my nephew sing. (not with a band, just himself). I almost fell off of my chair. I just wish he would sing words one could understand instead of the screaming and howling. But that is what they want these days I guess.

Watched "Immortals" with the daughter. Her choice of movie, not mine. I fell asleep during the movie. I am thinking I need more sleep. Seems like I am falling asleep during a lot of movies. You cannot tell much in the movie but Cavill is one handsome dude. From what I read, somebody wanted him to act the Edward role in the Twilight series. (I am NOT a Twilight fan). The thought of watching the series makes me cringe. I am not certain if it is the vampire thing or the fact I think it is insipid.

I scoffed at the Immortals movie when I pointed out to my daughter that I did not feel they should have such nice, feathered (or razored) haircuts - the men. The movie is fantasy/fiction I know but some of the other men had horrible, ugly hair. I do not think anybody or anything can make Rourke uglier than he is. He is the epitome of ugly - but he does it very well.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

In my younger days I was not a big fan of the bar scene. In college I only went so that I could dance, which I loved. Now they are just noisy places, with expensive drinks and loud, artificial people. So been there and done that.

Peruby said...

Tabor - me too! I loved to go dancing and hear the music. Now, I rarely listen to music and I get a headache if I dance.