Thursday, February 09, 2012

I talk to socks and I pet pillows

Okay. This photo was lifted off the Internets. I "googled" socks and pillows and found this. Not at all related to my post but the picture made me go "What the heck?"  The story behind this picture is about a lady who liked to bury her feet in her pillows to keep them warm. So, she just found a way to put socks into a pillow. Ooooo-kay!

Now, on to my post. I DO talk to socks. I DO pet pillows. Not out of sheer insanity. When you have as many pets as I do and you are a migraine sufferer - you may find yourself doing this too. I do not turn many lights on in the wee hours of the morning because of photo sensitivity. It hurts. It causes headaches. Most of the time I find my way through the house in the dark.

As I pass by a cat sleeping on the arm of a chair, I will reach out and give it a soft pet as I go by. Well, sometimes in the wee hours of the morning (or even in the evening) I will reach out to give a soft pet to....yep. A pillow. Rats!

The other day I left my bedroom door open and as I walked in to do something, I saw (what I thought was) a cat's tail peeking out behind my door, and snapped "Get OUT of my room!"  The black sock did not budge. It just looked up at me and seemed to say "Make me."

Yep. There you have it. A snapshot for you of life in my zoo.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Very funny. So sorry about your migraines and how careful you have to be, but so funny about the animals.

kden said...

You are too funny. But that's better than kicking your black dog in the dark because you can't see her. I heard her go 'oof'.