Saturday, February 11, 2012

Can you repeat that, please?


True Story.

At my job, most of you know I work with keeping p0rn0gr@phy out of the schools.

One day I was working at a school far, far away with their Network guy, a co-worker of mine and a technician on the telephone who represented the filter company.

We had to make changes and then test the filter over and over again.

Each time we would make a change, we tested to ensure the filter was still blocking properly.

Since we know that p0rn is an absolute no-no, the filter company devised two test pages that come back blocked with the reason being p0rn0gr@phy so that schools can test without actually attempting to go to an unsavory sight - and get a nasty surprise.

Well, we used the first test page and all worked okay - the filter was working.

We made another change and tested the filter using the 2nd test page. Still good.

We made another change and instead of going in and clearing out the browser's cache which can be time consuming, the tech on the phone suggested I type in p!ayb0y.com.  I did and it came up blocked. The filter was still working.

We made another change, and to test the filter I chose p!aygir!.com.  You know, being a girl and all. It came up blocked - filter was still working.

We made another change, and the network guy at the school suggested we test with $ex.com. Still blocked.

We made another change and my co-worker said to test with hust!er.com.  Still blocked. All was good.

We made another change and there was a pause. The tech on the telephone said "I'm all out of suggestions."

Nobody else said anything and I recalled a site a friend had asked me to look into. She had caught her step son on a p0rn page and wanted me to look and see how much he could see before the site made him use a credit card. The answer was plenty.

Anyway, I blurted out the site's name - pinkp0rn!

There was an awkward silence. The tech on the telephone said "What?"

I got uncomfortable. Did I look and sound like some kind of pervert?  Had I said too much?

Before I could say anything in my defense, the tech on the telephone asked "Pig p0rn?"

Yeah. We didn't get much done after that.

3 comments:

Peruby said...

And how many of you just went and looked up p!gp0rn.com?

Yep. 705 of them.

You're welcome. :)

Grumpy said...

No, but I looked up pinkporn.com. Thanks for the link.

kden said...

I think sometimes you just have too much fun on your job. Hopefully it makes up for all the times you don't.