Monday, November 22, 2010

More than just trees

There are more things to look at in the museum than trees. I always like to get a few shots of the trains that are on display while taking pictures of the trees. I left this photo in a very large format. If your browser allows you to view it in a large format. If not, instructions are at the bottom of this post.

I was reading my paper yesterday and under a section called '30 seconds' where people call in to whine post their opinion somebody remarked that somebody was stepping on the tree skirts while trying to get pictures of the trains at the museum. They went on to say that the trains are there all year long and to respect the trees because somebody purchased them and they are sure that buyer did not want their merchandise stepped on. God, I hope that was not me.

I wonder if I got caught up in the moment and stepped on a tree skirt. Well, I got the point. I will be much more careful when taking pics. If it was me (and it probably was). Not many people take pictures. I do every year. Nobody else had a camera the evening that I was there.  Now granted, the display was on-going for two weeks, but yet I wonder. Smack myself in the back of the head.

Now, to look at the fine detail. Yes, the carver used ivory but it was not illegal back then. If you use Firefox and you are having problems seeing the image in a large format,  (and you must choose this view style BEFORE you click on the photo to look at it) - Go to the View pull-down menu,  click on Page style, and choose "No Style". It will get ugly, but scroll to look for the photo and click on the photo.

In Explorer (mine appears to be a bit messed up right now) there is a view option under one of the pull-down menus with the option of Style and "no style" and "default style".  You may have to choose "no style" to see the photo in it's large format. Either browser gets kind of ugly, but you can always go back to the default style or Basic Page style.

1 comment:

Grumpy said...

I use Firefox and I just clicked on the picture and up came the large version. Nice detail on the train.