Thursday, November 25, 2010

Bread

I went a little hog wild with the cranberries. I was getting 'into" the mixing up the cranberry nut bread and I figured I would add extra cranberries. I then thought - well, I'd better add more sugar. The result came out a little tart for my taste. It is still good, but next time Peruby "stick to the recipe!"

Here they are. Ready to roll.

I got the little mini-loaf pans with little plastic lids this year. Ready for people to just load them up and take them home.

I don't like baking cookies, but I will bake this bread any day.

I truly wish each and every one of you a day fit for a king. A feast of all feasts with good company and sweet memories. Joy and harmony (not easy with family sometimes) and lots of laughter. It's the laughter that I remember. We joke and tease each other with no mercy. 

I think fondly of a friend who goes down to the shelter in a nearby city and helps to serve the free meal offered to the homeless and needy. She has done this for years before heading to her own family feast.

I think sadly of the folks who are alone today. I hope their past memories help them through today. I can't even imagine what that would be like.

I have many, many thanks this year. More than last year, and more than the year before that. Next year, I will have even more. Life is so precious. Family is so precious. We do not know what the future holds and we do not know who will be with us next year and who will not be. Sigh.

2 comments:

Grumpy said...

Nice thoughts. Happy Thanksgiving. The bread looks wonderful.

Tabor said...

I so agree Peruby. We have so much good in even the worst days. That bread looks delish!!