My daughter works part time at a Gaming store. (Her dream job). She has another (more serious) part time job but this one is "fun". So she says. She picked something out for me from the store. It is so cute. Sigh. Pac-Man. This game caused me WAY too much stress. I was not able to enjoy them because I would get all worked up and anxious. Video games. Not MY cup of tea. I will, however, take the cute little paraphernalia associated with it.
Our Thanksgiving feast was fantastic. The food was glorious and I think my sister had a record number of folks show up. It is kind of nice because we get some extended family members in the mix as well. Out of the original eight children, only one brother (1957) didn't show. Sister 1956 said he is SO negative. She sees him often and he is just grumpy these days. He did get a new little Yorkie so he is probably busy playing papa to the new baby. Good for him. As in it is "good" for him. Probably therapeutic.
We finished the day by playing one of my favorite games, Tripoley (by Cadaco). We play the Michigan Rummy version. It was how I was shown to play when I was first introduced to the game. We always start out a little bit rocky, forgetting the rules until about the fourth round in. Then all falls into place and we are cruising along, drafting new players each year. It looks daunting, but once you get the hang of it - it is smooth sailing. We play with nickles. No big loss of money because most of the players are in their 30's and starting families.
I arrived home late. My dogs were neglected but I tried to make up for it on Friday. I spent the day with them and roasted my own turkey breast with a few of the trimmings. Their mouths were watering, but they only got dry doggie biscuits. A wee bit of the turkey will be doled out sparingly to them as a treat.
I have a huge ham to bake for Sunday when some company will be arriving from out of town. My sister (1954) has a daughter who is very, very ill. She is autistic and her seizures have taken a serious turn. Her neck muscles may be permanently damaged. The Akron hospital will be trying new treatments. The girl is 18. Our family has not had much contact with her. My sister and the girl's father had a bad breakup. He finally won total custody of the child and she has remained with him ever since. I will learn more after Sunday.

1 comment:
BIG family. Makes for great holidays and glad there wasn't a lot of stress. Someone needs to visit that brother.
Post a Comment