Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pecans

Pea cans or Pea kawns. However you say it, I've never been a fan. I rolled the new cheese ball in this nut rather than my usual walnuts. I doubt I'll make this cheese ball again, unless I want to try to improve my experience until I like it. Because I liked my cousins' results. But maybe that was because somebody else made it. You know, it always tastes better when somebody else makes it.

The kids wanted to watch "Grown Ups" last night. There were a couple of funny spots and a couple of uncomfortable ones. I felt overall the movie was "dis-jointed". If that can explain a movie. I feel as if each main character (the five men) were all trying to out-do each other and it came across as messy, sloppy and dis-jointed.

There was no rhythm to the movie. No flow. It jammed bits and pieces of the story in here and there. And they were very rude. I don't find being rude at the expense of somebody else funny. Not at all. Making fun of their age, or the birth defect is crass and immature. 

And yet again, Sandler does a fine job teaching his daughters that women are objects. I would have thought that Ms. Hayek was smarter than this. Guess not.
Hug a vet today!  One of my daytime fantasies is to be at an airport when a plane full of military folks walk through and I (along with everybody else in the airport) stand up and give them an ovation that they will remember all of their lives. Sigh. I'm never in an airport anymore. Maybe someday I can fly by plane again.


2 comments:

Grumpy said...

Just curious as to other methods you use to fly.

Peruby said...

Ha, ha, ha! You know, I get that old broom out of the closet....

I think I meant to say "travel by plane again.."

LOL!