The ladies in the building where I work at started a monthly night out for the gals. I hosted last night's get together and I could not think of anything to do with them or have for them.
The host is not at all obligated to do anything but pick the restaurant and get the tally of gals coming and show up. An hour before the event it hit me.
A "get to know you" questionnaire. Who is your favorite actor and why? Who is your favorite actress and why? Who is your favorite male/female singer. What song did you like?
Oh, it was hilarious. We had 8 gals show up. Our list includes over 20, but life does get busy.
I had no idea we would have this great of a time talking about movies, music and books.
The funniest was of the group of the ladies that liked Elvis - that age group, one of them was into heavy metal. We were shocked! She liked Ozzie Osbourne. She named a few others I don't recall, but it was quite the surprise.
I had 3 pages of questions (about 20) and we barely got through the first page. I know a little bit more about the women I see every day and what they like. It was great!
Oh, the food sucked. They burned my seafood and I had to get a re-do on some of my dish. The hot sauce made me sweat and started a hot flash and that (with the excitement and laughing) brought on a royal headache. I used to work in a grill restaurant and I could tell they had the grease too hot - or they forgot about it - or both.
I came home to a basement full of kids playing video games. (Why do I still say kids? They are in their early 20's except for my daughter who is still 19). They were hungry. I ordered the pizza and wings and gave them the coupon and money and told them when to go pick it up. We have 3 pizza joints within walking distance of my back door. Easy peasy.
The dogs were in heaven with all the company. And I am certain they were drooling in hopes that somebody would let a chunk of sausage or pepperoni fall off of their piece of pizza. Me? I read my e-mails and went to bed. Didn't hear a thing until I woke up at five.
Sister 1944 posted a remark on Facebook about brother 1957. She told his lady friend/wife/ex-wife to post a picture of our brother, she forgot what he looked like. Coming across as "he never comes to any get togethers." Sister 1956 mentioned to me that brother 1957 was a little bit upset by it. I said "Oh, he needs to lighten up."
Brother 1957's lady friend stated that she didn't know how to post photos, yet.
So, my daughter and I found the funniest looking monkey photo on the web and I posted on Facebook : I said "here. I found a picture of brother 1957. I'll post it." And I slapped that monkey up there. Hee, hee. Take that brother. I don't let my brothers and sisters get miffed at me. I'll be right in their face saying "lighten up! I love you!" Then I give them a big hug. It is completely futile to get upset with me.

No comments:
Post a Comment