
The trumpets blared and I Peruby, after more than a year- walked into a walletmart today.
My intent? To purchase one item and one item only. A DVD of "State of Play" for the measly price of less than $14. My video store would have charged me $30 because my boxer chewed the movie up. That is not a photo of it up there. In fact, that is a CD he chewed a couple of days ago. I was sick. Not because of the CD. Hell, I don't even know what was on it. It might have been blank for all I know. There was nothing written on it. I was sick because what would happen to my dog? I checked his tongue and gums for bleeding. Nothing. He seems to be having no major issues with what he chewed.
As for the movie, it wasn't actually chewed up. There were a couple of teeth puncture marks on it and we tried to play it, it stopped in the middle and that was all she wrote, folks. The case was chewed beyond repair.
The case stated that it retailed for $29.99. That is how much my video store would have charged me, I believe. So off to walletmart I went and bought one for half the price. I returned the damaged case to the video store, and they said "No problem."
And, a little extra. When I purchased the DVD it had a movie attached. Two for one price. It was "The Good Shepherd." I think this is one I missed watching, so I'll watch it someday.
And, a little extra. When I purchased the DVD it had a movie attached. Two for one price. It was "The Good Shepherd." I think this is one I missed watching, so I'll watch it someday.
I'll also have to re-rent "State of Play" because we watched part of it and it was pretty good and now we want to know how it ends and who killed the girl. More than likely when I re-rent the movie, it will be the one I purchased. How funny is that?
And, hey. Don't think I can't live without walletmart. If I had a Target within 10 miles of me, I would have purchased the movie there. They had it advertised for only $13.00 instead of $13.96. I may not have received the extra movie, but big deal. If only Meijer would get with it and build a store in my area! They probably aren't any better than walletmart. But, I would shop there.
And, hey. Don't think I can't live without walletmart. If I had a Target within 10 miles of me, I would have purchased the movie there. They had it advertised for only $13.00 instead of $13.96. I may not have received the extra movie, but big deal. If only Meijer would get with it and build a store in my area! They probably aren't any better than walletmart. But, I would shop there.
2 comments:
WalMart is the devil. Thankfully, I have a Target 2 minutes away.
I liked the Good Shepherd but thought that Angelina JOlie was totally miscast as the young wife.
Post a Comment