It is raining buckets outside. The pups and Sable didn't seem to mind but the boxer pranced around like "What? Are you kidding?" After walking down the alley and patiently waiting while they did nothing, and as soon as I gave the signal the boxer was off for the back porch like being shot out of a cannon. Baby.The above photo was from a centerpiece on the table at the baby shower we had about a month ago. Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future.
Spring is here and my back hurts from bending over and cleaning up flower beds and raking oak leaves out of the corners of my yard. We have so many oak trees in the neighborhood that keep their leaves all winter long. UGH! Super UGH! They blow around and make a mess in the spring. I have one full garbage can of old, yucky, brown oak leaves.
I read this about why they don't lose their leaves in the fall:
In young oak trees, however, for reasons that are
unclear, abscission cells form but do not complete
their work. Therefore, oak leaves often stay
connected to the twig until pushed off by new leaf
and twig growth in the spring.
Yeah well, whatever.
1 comment:
Sometimes knowledge does not make it seem any better, I guess. Keep up that good work, your yard is starting to look great.
Post a Comment