Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The baby is here

My second grand nephew, (I have one grand niece). I have to ask my brother if he is certain that these are "grand" nephews and nieces. Since my sisters are the "grand" mothers, that makes them my grand nephews and nieces he said. Sigh. Just sounds weird to me.

I almost ripped my cable television box out of the entertainment center and sent it sailing across the room this evening. Then I couldn't stand the noise my computer was making so I got the bright idea to take it all apart again and clean it out (fans and all). I barely got it put back together (I really should take pictures before I go and remove fans and pieces and parts) and had a heck of a time getting it back up and running (blue screen of death and all). That battery must really be going bad.

I almost put my foot through it. It is still making a god-awful noise. I removed each hard drive one at a time and then started the PC without any hard drives and it still made the same scratchy noise. Must be one of the 6 fans in the sucker.

Grrrrr.

Anyway, ain't that some head of hair? The mama had a harder time with this one. This is her third boy and this is the last one. She has one 12 (from another relationship) and one four (with my nephew) and this one (with my nephew). I may go visit on Friday if they are up for company. I think she will still be in the hospital, I don't know.

Books: "Inside of a Dog" by Alexandra Horowitz. Finished the other one I mentioned the other day.

I know why I am probably in such a sour mood. With all the snow melting I have one really bad spot on my sidewalk where the water lays. I literally dug a huge ditch in front of my patio (where my flower bed usually is). I could care less about the hosta plants - they are all getting out of hand anyway and the moonflowers I can replant. The hydrangeas are too far away and I stopped when I got to them.

I've been digging a ditch. It is about four feet wide and about a foot deep. It is full of muddy water. I am angry that I can't do better. Grrrr.

4 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I'll say say, that is some head of hair. Beautiful color, too. Hope he doesn't lose it.
In answer to your question, I haven't gotten a router yet. In my naievete, I was not aware I needed one. Duh. I will probably go shopping Friday. A dual band, I am told, is expensive but worth paying more for since the cheap ones slow down computers.
The modem supplied by my Internet provider has no wireless capacity.

Tabor said...

Odd, as my experience has been usually girls are born with so much hair. Looks like he does not like the light. Congratulations on your new grand nephew. My brothers and sisters children are mostly step children or live so far away, I will probably never be lucky enough to have a relationship with a grand niece or nephew. I think it i time for you to get a new computer. I took apart my dishwasher the other day and almost didn't get it back together and that was only a few screws!!!

Bagman and Butler said...

Awwwwwww...so cute!

robin michelle said...

He's adorable! Lots of hair!