Thursday, March 04, 2010

Pepperoni Pinwheels


I start out with the two ingredients that I use to make my ever popular cheese ball. I let them come to room temperature. Well, the cream cheese, that is. The jarred cheese was never refrigerated.

I picked these flour tortillas because they were huge.


I mix the two cheeses together in a bowl.


Yes, I have broken spatulas mixing them together. I think this is also part of the reason I am developing tendinitis in my forearm. Computer work, fixing my hair, putting on make-up, writing, drawing, and much, much more causes pain in my right forearm.


I pick up mild banana peppers.


I let them dry a little bit on a paper towel.



I spread the cheese mixture onto the flour tortilla.

I add sandwich-sized pepperoni. I really loaded this one up.


I break the peppers into a line so that it will roll up more uniformly.


Then, I roll the flour tortilla up.

I refrigerate for an hour or two (at least) so that it slices easier.

4 comments:

Tabor said...

I have never seen this recipe or eaten this at a party. Looks delicious and fattening! It also seems very middle-America. Can you remember where you first got the recipe?

Bagman and Butler said...

Wow! It looks delicious. This is certainly an entry in the photographic cookbook that I hope you are writing!

Peruby said...

Tabor - the salami recipe I got from my brother's ladyfriend (ex-wife, still together). I did the pepperoni mix myself.

I just "google" the words recipe tortilla pinwheels to get great ideas! Here is a good one:

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/cat/1558/

My friend has been making a chicken salad pinwheel for a few years now which I really enjoy, too.

Peruby said...

B&B - maybe I can cheat and just cut out the food posts that I have done in this blog over the past five years for that cookbook.

I will be certain to include more as I get braver and experiment.