Friday, September 11, 2009

Here, in color


Same photo, but in color

It is September 11th. I am thinking. I am thinking of what it would be like to go to work in my normal way on a normal day and in an hour or so have it all come to a screeching halt. A cowardly (and I repeat, cowardly) attack from an enemy that we let into our world.

I am thinking of loved ones left behind. My brother is a fireman and an EMT. He would have jumped right into it. He would have run up those stairs (perhaps with fear) but with a determination to save lives. To help those in need.

Where have we progressed since then? Have we progressed? Or are we just sitting ducks until the next sinister attack from out of the blue?

There will always be hate and greed. I'm not so keen on fighting in the name of religion. I don't know if we will ever understand one another.

I do know this. We cannot live in fear. They win if we live in fear. I will walk tall today. I am an American. There is much blood soaked into this country's soil. It is strong enough to hold all of us up and above the ugliness that the world rains down upon us.

I seriously doubt that they are finished. Besides. If it isn't one group it will be another.

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

Hatred comes in many forms. And it will never stop. Not amongst our people and not amongst those from other countries.