Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I still won't say much


Yeah, I miss him. I think of him less and less, though. When I do think of him I get a bit teary-eyed so I don't want to talk too much about him. It was his eyes mostly I think. He wouldn't look at me directly just sort of glance sideways at me. He had the most soft, liquid eyes. I probably didn't do him any favors by getting so attached to him before sending him away to strangers.

So! Monday morning I get up for work. I walk to the back door (6 a.m.) to let the pups outside and I hear the dryer running in the basement. What!?!? My daughter wasn't up that early washing clothes. What!?!? I rush downstairs and open the door to the dryer. Still there is heat. The timer did not move. My towels are very dry. They are now the right size for doll house towels, but they are dry. What?!?! I cringe. 10 hours. 10 hours! No wonder my electric bill has been so high lately. Good grief!

This week-end I am replacing the batteries in my smoke detectors. Just in case. It is about the time for that anyway. 10 hours! I know, I know. I am very lucky the damn thing didn't catch on fire. Oh, the horror! The horror!

No comments: