Thursday, September 17, 2009

Speedracer

Cheech and Sable chase Chong around the yard.

I am trying to get used to my daughter's camera. It is an Olympus Stylus 720 SW. Having a heck of a time keeping my finger out of the shots. The battery is lame. Lame! It conks out after twenty minutes or so of shooting.

My schedule is beginning to ease up. I am slowly coming out of the "summer of a hundred doctors' appointments". What a ride. I should finish the foot one up today. A follow up. The insert and the new shoes have been helping. I am experiencing times with little or no pain in my heel. I feel like I am wearing cement blocks on my feet. I have to wear shoes that lace up and tie. Yuck. I am a "slip-on a pair of loafers" type gal. Or slip into some low-heeled pumps. I am having a hard time wearing sneakers to work with casual dress clothes. I am glad I don't have to really dress up. I still have to crawl around on the floor from time to time to connect technical equipment and wires, so I wear casual and comfortable.

For meetings I like to dress a little better, though. Sigh.

Our county fair begins on Monday. Not sure if I will go this year. I skipped it last year, I might skip it this year.

Daughter can't stand her classes at school. Groan. I try to listen. The griping is constant. She gripes about her boyfriend, she gripes about her classes and her teachers and she gripes about traffic and other drivers. Double groan. I am her sounding board, I guess.

Meanwhile, family is beginning to plan week-ends in October. Fall festival is on the 4th! Break's over!

2 comments:

Bagman and Butler said...

Good names for dogs...fast dogs...probably better that your daughter is griping to you about everyone else than griping to everyone else about you.

Peruby said...

Ah, Mark. You got me there. You made me laugh. You are so, so right!