Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Stretching those dollars


Bill paying time and I'm stretching the dollars a bit more. I dropped some extravagant channels from our cable today. It was time. I'm still not ready to let go of that telephone land line, yet.

I have oodles of birthdays coming up. Springtime. A time for births and babies I guess. Nine months after the June bride season? I don't know. Most of the birthdays I am celebrating are for people who were not first children and if they were they came a couple of years after the wedding date.

Magazine subscriptions were dropped a couple of years ago. Have you ever tried to stop a magazine subscription? It is no easy task. I didn't renew and they didn't send. They did send me some notifications saying that I was overdue or past due on my payment. What? I ignored them. Two more years and they are still coming - renew, renew, renew.

Staying in for lunch a lot more these days. No movies. :( I am adjusting. I'll get the movie when it comes out at the store.

My daughter posted our bird for sale at the local stores. I hope nobody calls. The bird is the cheapest pet we have. No vet bills. Food is cheap. My daughter wants her to go. Nobody pays any attention to the poor little thing any more. I just worry that somebody will be mean to her. I don't want her in any pain. I hope we can find a good home. My daughter wanted to give her away for free. I advised against it. I was worried we would get some folks who are not serious.

2 comments:

Ralph said...

Magazines think they have hooked for life. Throw those renewal notices away. Catalogs to - if you don't buy something we will take you off our mailing list - fine with me. Five years later I am still hearing, "If you don't buy . . ."
Ralph

Tabor said...

I am thinking of dropping Netflix as I do not view the movies often enough to justify the cost. Trouble is the more we cut costs the more the recession continues.