Wednesday, March 25, 2009

So much food

Another birthday party tonight. This week-end somebody turned 60. Today someone else in the family turned 65. He retired at 60 or maybe 62, I don't know. So the retirement party is history. We had a crowd. My grand nephew took pictures. I had flash spots in my eyes for most of the evening. It was a miracle I didn't get a headache from all the good food and the bright flashes.

Work has had so much going on and they have had food catered in from one event after another and there is always so much left over. We have all been eating free lunches. A friend from out of town called and wants to do dinner soon. My "sister incarcerate" turned 55 today. I am glad her children went to visit her. I have a visit planned on the 18th of next month. My first time visiting somebody in prison. I think. It should be interesting.

Saturday an extended family member turns 12. Tomorrow another extended family member turns 26. Then April. My daughter turns 18. A brother turns 56, a niece turns 27. Also in March I had a niece turn 34 and a brother turn 67. I didn't make it to their get togethers.

3 in February, seven in March, and three in April. Too much! Family getting very big right along with my waistline.

5 comments:

Tabor said...

I hope you don't hve to buy gifts for all those parties!

Bagman and Butler said...

Party party party. I haven't been to a birthday party in ages but that hasn't stopped me from eating cake and ice cream. I'm becoming trouser challenged.

Peruby said...

Tabor - No, thankfully. I don't have to buy gifts for all of them. The older ones have everything they need. All that is left to get them are gift certificates to restaurants. I let the kids get the useful presents.

B&B - for some odd reason I have been craving ice cream cake from DQ.

Cheyenne said...

Sad thing is, there is that inevitable corner that is turned and the family starts to get smaller as the years go by. Mine has and still is getting smaller.

So enjoy them while you can.

Peruby said...

Cheyenne - I didn't think of the inevitable corner. You are right. I am glad I made the effort to go. I plan to keep it up. Being the youngest I may have to witness that dwindling, sadly.