Thursday, March 19, 2009

But what will I call myself, now?


A nice lady called for the bird. She is semi-disabled. She used to have birds, but as time passed they died. She is alone now, her kids have grown. She leaves the house perhaps once a month to get groceries. Sounds too good to be true? Maybe. She said she would call me when she was on her way. That was four hours ago. :-(

This one should go on the doctor funny names list. A doctor that recently treated my daughter (at a stat care facility) has the name of Thang N Dang. Seriously! Google it. Wow! And, I just realized that the insurance is refusing to pay it. Grrrr. I guess I'll be on the telephone tomorrow morning to see what lame-o reason they are going to give me. Oh, I see now. They stated it was a non emergency. She broke out in a rash. The nurse at school said she should have it looked at. I don't take chances - this is what medical insurance is for, right? We'll see. I'll probably bend over and take it up the...aw, never mind. I'm a bit sour these days.

As I was typing, the nice lady called back and said that something came up and re-scheduled to pick up Peru tomorrow evening. I will not cry, I will not cry. She will be much better off.

4 comments:

Bagman and Butler said...

My childhood dentist's name was Dr. Savage.

Peruby said...

Aw, that's just cold and mean. I get a vision of a crazy dentist hovering over a small child with a drill in one hand and a needle in the other, grinning wickedly.

Tabor said...

Glad you are willing to point out to the insurance that your daughter not only had a rash but was feeling faint and short of breath so you rushed her to the emergency room.

Peruby said...

The hospital that runs the stat care said they would take care of it and re-submit it to my insurance.