Monday, July 07, 2008

Summertime Blues

Once again Sable provided the backdrop for a photo of my flowers. She always knows just went to walk behind them (or in front of them). I checked back and have shown a photograph of all my flowers except the tiger lily. My hydrangea has about seven full lavender blooms on it, so I'll have to recapture it soon, also.

Whew. Another party in the past. I was wiped out. It was a great crowd and the weather was perfect. Half of the amount of people that I had last year. I had 20, and it was all family except for a couple and it worked out great. I had more than enough food and drink. The fireworks were not all that great except until the end. My dog decided to shoot across the yard and (almost) into the street during the show, but we stopped her. I have no idea why she was running or where she wanted to go. We have very little traffic, but I still didn't want her running into it.

I just finished cleaning up the kitchen today. Food that can be frozen has been put into the freezer. I gave as much away as I could. My Italian sausages in the crock pot were another big hit this year. I made double the amount as last year so that I did not run out. Everybody who wanted one, got one. I also fixed corn on the cob this year.

I may visit a brother who could not make it to the party and take him a basket of food. I was left with a lot of pop, also. I had tea and beer. People tended to drink that more than the pop. I have a going away party today and it's back to work tomorrow. It may take me all week to recover. I have been running on 5 hours of sleep an night for about four days straight. I always feel like I need a nap. My cats are trying to get me to, but I always see something that needs done.

One other thing that kept the level low this year was my party was on a Saturday night. Three sets of family had a party on Friday night to attend and they were not as into the drinking and craziness this year. So that kept it low key. (Probably to my advantage).

It was a great time and I am ready to enjoy the rest of July. I think I ate enough this week-end to last me all month. LOL! I didn't make it to the festival over the hill in our town, but my daughter went a couple of times. No pictures. I was just too darn busy. If my nephew or my sister sends any, I'll post one or two of them.

No comments: