
The above photo was taken today on my way back from working at a school. I used half of my lunch hour to stop by the lake and catch some pictures. It was hot and I paid for this endeavor in the way of obtaining a sun-induced headache.
We had about twenty family members at dinner last evening in the Garden of Olives. It was by far the lousiest food I have eaten in a restaurant that I can ever remember. I ordered the Mixed Grill. Steak and chicken with potatoes. It was as if the potatoes had sat out all day. They were dry, tough and tasteless. The chicken and steak were not much better. The meat was covered with what I can only describe as a beef powdered gravy mix that did not have enough water added because it was almost pure salt.
I did not complain. Usually I would have. I was with twenty people who were obviously enjoying their dinner. I was not paying for the meal. I ate what I could and told the waiter twice that "No, I do not care to have what is left on my plate boxed up to take home." Even I have limits as to what I will place in my garbage.
I wasn't there for the food, anyway. I must remember if I am ever again caught at this particular restaurant, to stick with Italian cuisine.
I wasn't there for the food, anyway. I must remember if I am ever again caught at this particular restaurant, to stick with Italian cuisine.
2 comments:
If that's the place that you switched the names around, then I have never eaten there and it looks like I never will. Thanks for the thumbs up because it has been on my list of those I wanted to dine at before dying. lol
Cheyenne
It is the place where I switched the names around, but remember the Italian cuisine was always good. One of my sister's had the same meal and she said she didn't mind it. I wouldn't want you to miss out just because the one dish I had was awful.
Good luck if you do get there.
Post a Comment