Sunday, July 20, 2008

Something peeking at me again


As I took photos of my hydrangeas a few weeks back, I notice somebody hiding in the flower pedals again. But not until I get the memory card inside and blown up on my computer screen. Sheesh! I am glad I don't see them when I am taking the pictures. I would never get down on the ground or very close to the flowers. This was zoomed in from a safe distance. I don't really know what it is.

I finished reading my books from the library. If I get into a book, I usually spend every free second devouring it. I come from a long line of book lovers. I just can't accept our library being noisy and tacky. I am going to try again to pick maybe a less busy time to go and read the magazines that I am interested in.

I watched a few minutes here and there of JitH over the week-end. There is a local channel that covers it every year. The performers looked miserable. They put on a good show, but you couldn't mistake the fact that they could not keep the sweat out of their eyes. I know how it feels to be mowing and having the sweat sting and burn the eyes. I am sure they had air conditioning before and after their act, but I didn't watch too much of the audience. What a hot sweltering mass of human sweating flesh. I cannot think of anything enjoyable about this event at all. Each to their own.

I chose air conditioning. Big house repairs coming up. I am getting one basement wall re-enforced this summer and getting my gutters checked. I had some rain come in under my root cellar and the wall has water damage to it. They are going to place wall anchors for support and run a drain along the bottom to my sump pump. Then I get to clean the root cellar with Clorox to erase the mold and mildew that has surfaced. I hate this type of cleaning. I'd pay somebody any day to do this. I am going to have to wear face masks. Fun stuff.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

That looks like two beetles in your hydrangea. We have a heavy infestation of Japanese beetles right now.

Tabor said...

I was going to say the same thing. If you used beetle traps make sure you put them yards and yards and yards away from your plants...because they sometimes attract more than they kill.