Thursday, February 22, 2007

My desk at home


Me desk

This is where I work at home. On the left behind my monitor is one of the speakers. Altec Lansing THX 5.1 surround sound. Left front. It doesn't look like my set is available any more.

In front of that is my cup warmer. I never realized how nice those were until somebody gave me one for Christmas. In front of the cup warmer is my keyboard, obviously.

My monitor. (Radeon 9800 video card something or other). Part of my whole system.

My pencil holder is to the right of my monitor. It is actually a ceramic flower pot with tulips decorating the outside of it. (Made locally in Amish country). It is jammed packed full of pens, sharpies and pencils. Most of them are never used.


In front of the pencil holder is my raindrop mousepad (Same as Shephard's).

My wireless mouse. Directly behind my mousepad is my wireless sensor. I don't need a mousepad, but the desk is pretty slick and the infrared doesn't work well. Infrared doesn't work at all with a glass top desk. LOL!

Behind the wireless sensor is a tall copper picture frame with three of my favorite pictures of my daughter. Around the four/five age range. Sigh.

To the right of that is the center speaker. It looks like a little silver football. Next to that is my Maxtor external hard drive (for backups). Need to do one.

In front of that is my paperclip holder.

To the right of my paperclip holder is my card reader. A Radio Shack Dazzle. Love it!

To the right of my external hard drive is my Canon post card printer. Fun stuff.

To the right of the little printer is my OTT-LITE task lamp. 825 lumens. It's light output is similar to a standard 60 watt bulb, but the light is whiter. The one I looked up for the specs is listed at $55. I think I bought mine at Staples two years ago for less than $30. This lite is great for sewers and cross stitching.

And, finally on the far right is my fan. Well, one of them in my room.

On the wall above my monitor is my thermometer/barometer/humidity gauge. (Close enough).

And, my "Garden Gathering" picture from Home Interiors by artist Barbara Mock.

I don't know if all the links will come up, but it sure was fun.

Edit: I just saw the price on the desk in the link. I did not speand nearly that much. I am thinking I spent in the $200 range only. Sheesh!

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Fun to see where you work and what you do each day. Your desk is very well organized and neat!!

Peruby said...

Neat and organized for that one moment in time. To be fair, I should take a picture of it now - all cluttered with paper and coffee cup and junk. That photo that I posted was taken after I had cleaned up.