My brother and his step-grandson sleddingThere was just enough snow this past week to slide down a hill on those super slippery plastic sleds they make now days. It was late in coming but now the "kids" can get out and enjoy the fun. This photo was sent to me courtesy of my sister-in-law.
Calling my sisters last night I found out that my two eldest both were in bed with migraines. One on Wednesday/Thursday and the other is still sick with one. Not a one of us knew that the others were suffering. We had not been in communication for about a week. It has to be the stupid weather.
I watched Little Miss Sunshine. It wasn't the best movie, but it did have it's moments. I laughed out loud at the pageant dancing scene and I really liked the character of the suicidal uncle/brother (Frank), played by Steve Carell. He seemed to be very aware of his environment around him. Maybe too much so. I know it is "just a movie" but I find it difficult to imagine that: 1. The family did not have any idea how glamorous and serious some of the folks take these beauty pageants, 2. That neither parent ever watched the little girl's routine so that they were not completely taken by surprise and 3. They let the little girl spend so much time with the grandfather (unless they were completely unaware that he snorted drugs).
And, I would have liked to have kicked the father's rear end a couple of times. (Played superbly by Greg Kinnear).
We have for the week-end, Lady in the Water and World Trade Center. My daughter and her friend are watching WTC as I type and I am catching parts of it as I go through the living room to the kitchen to refresh coffee, fix food, etc...
And, I would have liked to have kicked the father's rear end a couple of times. (Played superbly by Greg Kinnear).
We have for the week-end, Lady in the Water and World Trade Center. My daughter and her friend are watching WTC as I type and I am catching parts of it as I go through the living room to the kitchen to refresh coffee, fix food, etc...
We have a few cancellations for my nephew's birthday because of the cold weather and migraine sufferings, but that is okay. I have reservations at an Oriental restaurant and they are allowing us to bring in a birthday cake. It is only about two miles away, so I have a pretty good chance of getting the cake there in one piece. I found about half a dozen cards that I liked and I bought them all. I let my daughter pick one out and I'll show them to my niece and sister in case they have not picked up a card, yet. Hallmark has a promotion of sorts going on, where if you purchase three Ambassador cards you get a free "Sweet Hugs Bear" with a glowing heart when you hug him. He is cute!
I will watch the Super Bowl tomorrow night, mostly for the commercials. There was a special last night on CBS that showed some of the more popular Super Bowl commercials of all time. They were pretty good. I think my favorite was the one where the guy sets the mouse trap with Doritos or something similar and the mouse crashes through the wall and starts pounding him. I am not one for violence but this one tickled me. It is a man-sized rodent dressed up in a mouse costume. You cannot see the details of the violence. I know it sounds gruesome, but they did it in a way that it didn't seem that violent.
Okay, I just found it on line and yes, at the end it is kind of violent. But, it surprised me and I laughed out loud. Go, Mouse! You can find all the Doritos commercials here.
Checking out now. Chili has been in the crockpot for three hours. Must brave the frigid temperatures and get some last minute food and decoration items. Stay warm.
I will watch the Super Bowl tomorrow night, mostly for the commercials. There was a special last night on CBS that showed some of the more popular Super Bowl commercials of all time. They were pretty good. I think my favorite was the one where the guy sets the mouse trap with Doritos or something similar and the mouse crashes through the wall and starts pounding him. I am not one for violence but this one tickled me. It is a man-sized rodent dressed up in a mouse costume. You cannot see the details of the violence. I know it sounds gruesome, but they did it in a way that it didn't seem that violent.
Okay, I just found it on line and yes, at the end it is kind of violent. But, it surprised me and I laughed out loud. Go, Mouse! You can find all the Doritos commercials here.
Checking out now. Chili has been in the crockpot for three hours. Must brave the frigid temperatures and get some last minute food and decoration items. Stay warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment