Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Willy Nilly


My tree this year. All willy nilly.

I kind of just threw stuff on it this year. I didn't get a live tree. I purchased one from Tis the Season. It was their last one and it has white snow on it's branches. I wonder how long that stuff will last. Somebody said "You will need to re-spray it." I'm thinking to myself 'You can do that?'

I normally don't do things on a whim. The season kind of sneaks up on you. I made a purchase that I have absolutely no use for. I got caught up in the excitement. I purchased a Tickle Me Elmo TMX. The Warning version. I happened to be in the right place at the right time. I was in a toy store and somebody had just returned it unopened. The clerk asked me if I wanted it, I said "Sure." And, I bought it.

Now, what the hell do I do with it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you could take it out of the box and play with it. Or you could save it for your grandchild. Or you could have put it in the paper and gotten twice the amount you paid for it, or you could have put it on eBay and made millions of dollars. OK, now I'm getting out of hand. I probably would have done the same thing you did.

Miki said...

you could donate it to a needy family, or toys for tots....or give it to one of your grand neices or nephews....

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of donating to one of the families that are adopted by one of the churches. Toys for Tots is good, but I think that particular toy might not make it to the neediest little boy or girl.

Anonymous said...

Just keep it in the closet for a year. There's always next Christmas...