Thursday, December 07, 2006

These look good


Cherries from July

I could go for a bowl of these babies right about now. I have bananas and golden delicious apples. No cherries. I closed my eyes and picked a photo from my archives. My night picture taking needs a lot of improvement. I am reading and studying up on it, though. Even with my tripod the lights are very blurry. If it warms up a little I can experiment more. As it is, the wind is biting cold and I don't have the ambition to play around with my camera outside. Brrrrr.

The incident I wrote about the other day (employees reading other's e-mails) is all over the newspapers here. Since I know the person involved and have worked with them, I am just sick to my stomach over it. Somebody with a family (two small children) has been suspended from their job. Before the holidays when life gets depressing enough. It is hard not to snoop for some people. Especially if they have a bone to pick with somebody and they want to catch them in a compromising situation. What is that old saying? "Cut off your nose to spite your face?" The meaning is, you do something rash or silly (usually in anger) that ends up backfiring and doing just as much harm to yourself (if not more). This appears to be the case.

I drove around a little bit this evening to look at Christmas lights outside people's homes. So pretty. This tradition goes way back to when we were little and used to open our gifts up on Christmas Eve. My Mom and older sister would convince us that Santa had so many gifts to deliver he needed to start early and he usually started at our house, so we got our gifts early. My oldest sister would pile us younger ones in the car and drive us around to look at Christmas light displays in the neighborhood. (Thus giving my Mom time to put the gifts out under the tree). I know that I fell for it. As I got older and began driving, I would take my Mom out for about an hour to look at lights on an evening close to Christmas. She never went out after dark when she got older, so this was a rare outing for her. We didn't go if the weather was bad.

Then I come home to my house - completely dark. I better get something done. I have a gazillion lights and stuff, but just don't have the knack for putting them up. Not very handy with the ladder and tools. I'll give it a good try tomorrow evening or this week-end. I still have time.

1 comment:

Miki said...

Why not just wrap them around the bushes. My husband did the ladder thing, or else I wouldn't have done it. I don't do well with ladders and tools either. I have an old artificial tree that was left by the previous owners in the attic. I put it up on the front porch, put a ton of white lights on it, old "tacky" decorations some cheap silver garland, and POOF! When lit, it looks like a million bucks, but in the daylight, it is "tacky Tree." Then I do the lights in the bushes, it all looks very festive.