Friday, December 01, 2006

Gone with the wind

Unicorn ornament from Tis the Season

If I weren't so darn tired, I'd probably be crying right now. I spent the past couple of days in Columbus helping my nephew who had minor oral surgery. I am brain dead - fried. Out of my element, I don't sleep well and I was sick for most of the time. Yecch.

My niece called me at 3:30 p.m. today. I was stopped and getting gas in the car. She said all my decorations from the patio blew down 3rd street. We don't live on 3rd street. We live near 3rd street.

All that work. I didn't have any pictures yet, because I was waiting until I finished. I was too traumatized to cry. Not really. I said "Easy come, easy go." I had purchased silver heavy foil door cover and put it on the back wall of my patio. I had blue lights all around. I was creating a centerpiece on top of my glass round table - with silver glitter cones. It was a silver and blue theme.

When I came home, I saw that all was not lost. The foil backdrop is gone. Poop. The lights are still up and still on. The centerpiece is tangled up, but I actually think it looks better than what I did. The cones fell over or blew out into the yard. I may fix it, I may leave it.

Another tree fell in my neighbor's yard. When I first moved here four years ago he had a long row of hemlock bordering our back alley. One fell and I had the electric company come out and move it off the wires, etc... Then one by one, like dominoes they are all falling over. He just built a new garage and this tree just missed it. The wind is still howling. It was supposed to stop at 10:00 p.m.

I watched Over the Hedge and The Break-up while I was away. Lukewarm feelings on both shows. I doubt that I will watch either one again.

1 comment:

portuguesa nova said...

Oh how that sucks.