Monday, December 11, 2006

Just blabbering


Vivid orange

I put some lights up around the outside bushes this evening. The first set of net lights out of the box didn't work. Great start! I strung a bunch of single strands together. I put way more than three on one line. They look okay after dark. Somebody (we suspect the pizza man) stepped on one of the bulbs and put an entire strand out that was close to the railing. I'll replace it. I have one strand running across the sidewalk to connect the bushes and I covered it with a rug. I should have wrapped them in bubble wrap.

I'll go tomorrow and get more outside extension cords. I can't find my old stuff. I figure by the time I exhaust and frustrate myself by looking, I could have purchased new stuff.

Well, I am down to three cats. Precious went back to my sister. A couple of years ago when she divorced and moved into a small house, she was not allowed pets. She said that the one cat was calm and quiet and could stay in an upstairs bedroom, but she felt that Precious was a little too high strung so I took her in. She purchased her own house a month ago and I took the cat back to her.

We had a houseful of teenagers this evening kicking it to Dance Dance Revolution (a Play Station 2 game) and the temperature in the living room rose to about 74 degree Fahrenheit. My poor niece stays in the basement and the furnace did not run all day so it is quite chilly down there. I need to have the gas fireplace checked so I can run it this winter for her.

I was front seat to another Jerry Springfield episode of Catholic Religion 101 again this morning. Usually on Mondays the two co-workers talk about their service they went to over the week-end. I went downstairs to get a cup of coffee. When I came back upstairs the big guy (head honcho) of the building was in the middle of the conversation. I groaned "Oh no! Not you, too!" He said "They are talking religion." I said, "I know! That's why I left." He said his grandmother always told him to never talk religion or politics. I said, "Oh yeah? My Mom told me it was religion, politics and sex!" He laughed. We were more interested in their passionate input of the conversation that what they were actually discussing.

He dragged his employee out (almost literally). The two employees were yelling at each other "You're wrong! I'm right!" Man the room was hot after that. They sure were fired up. I think they remained friends through all of the screaming. It was apparent to me (an observer) that neither one was really listening to what they other was saying. They were much too intent on shouting over what the other was trying to say.

I never could stand talk shows like that and I hope this brings an end to the arguing. I can pretty much guess that the big guy talked to his employee and told her that this sort of office babbling needs to stop and needs to stop pronto. My co-worker? I label her a religious quack! She was still yelling at the other employee as she was being dragged away by her boss "Remember, that this religion stemmed from the Catholic religion!" She watches television evangelists Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen.

No comments: