Monday, December 04, 2006

It's just hair

New do

Okay, Peruby. Just keep repeating to yourself over and over. It's just hair. It's not like it's a tattoo or a piercing. It's just hair, it's just hair, it's just hair, it's just .... red and black striped hair???? Sweet Jesus in heaven, have mercy!

Actually this is from last week. I am over it already. She likes it. She is having fun with it. I liked the other style, but she was killing her hair with the straightener. She is with this one too, though.

I saw the Salvation Army collecting at the grocery store. Could be that most of them wait until December to begin.

I've been taking different streets around town so I can see more light displays. I received a tripod in the gift exchange on Saturday and if I get brave enough to venture the cold, I'll maybe take it out for a walk and set it up to get some photos. I may even find my lost sheet(s) of silver door covering. I have somebody's green grill cover in the alley behind my garage. Stupid wind!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that could be a poem or haiku. Lost sheets of silver---found green grill cover? Oh well, maybe not.

Peruby said...

Very poetic, indeed. The silver can be lost memories, loves or friends I have known and lost contact with. Or the old saying "every cloud has a silver lining".

And the green grill cover lies crumpled at the edge of the alley. Alone and forgotten. Unwanted by most. But as I am learning as one gets older, one needs to take second looks at what is normally not given a second glance. I shouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.

Marie said...

It is just hair, and I find it adorable...to be young and full of vigor. We'd look plain silly sporting a do such as this...

Shephard said...

Speaking as a "non-mom" ... I kinda like it. :) And I live in SoCal where this is so common, no one would look twice.
~S :)