Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Feelin' the Blues


The lake was not this blue, but the hue calls out to me

I was not up to snuff yesterday. Today I am better, but just on autopilot. I have some turbulence on the homefront that is keeping me awake at night and preoccupied during the day. I suppose in life we could make things easier, but we don't know that until long after the fact.

It is hard to watch a loved one stumble. Hard to watch them make mistakes. Hard to see them uncertain and afraid. I scream out what I believe is advice, but it comes out as the wicked witch who nags and nags. I am jaded. I am a cynic. I don't believe. Because of all of this, I know nothing in the eyes of a fifteen year old. I hope beyond hope that she proves me wrong. I can live with being wrong if it will bring her happiness.

4 comments:

Shephard said...

Spoken like a caring, lion-hearted mother. :)
~S

Tabor said...

Ah, yes, the lion-heared mother dance. Two steps forward and one step back...please pass the kleenex.

Peruby said...

Groan. With me it's "Pass the excederin." Walking through the proverbial tunnel, looking for that light....

Cheyenne said...

Like we were never 15. Kids today think they have everything under control. Boy, do they have a lot to learn.