Saturday, October 07, 2006

Bridges


A bridge between WV and OH

I went to WV today. A funeral, a hospital visit. Saw some people I have not seen in many, many years. It was a long, trying day. Bittersweet. Death is bitter. Hospital admissions are bitter. Seeing old friends is sweet. Hearing sad news is bitter. Talking positively about the future is sweet.

The sunshine was inspiring. What little I saw of it. The time I did spend alone in the car I was pensive. Change my diet so I don't end up with congestive heart failure. Watch what I eat so that I don't end up with diabetes.

I had so much at home to do. I had a headache when I woke up this morning. I slowly drank coffee and took a shower. Get moving. Go. Visit people. To hell with the lawn and weeds. To hell with the dirty kitchen and the carpet that needs swept. Go. Socialize. Be there. Reach out and touch someone.

Memories. Tears. Laughter. News. Happenings. Diets. Restrictions. Cravings. Nurses. Needles. Sore bums. Bruised arms. Swollen legs. Tired. Where to go from here.

No comments: