
A little mini - scarecrow
It is raining buckets outside, yards are flooded as are the ditches around the roads.
I thought to myself, "Wow. Pretty wild music there for that age group."
The teacher promptly went on with her lesson.
Oh, come on! "cripes" isn't in this blog's spell check dictionary?
Yeah. I just may re-name my blog to "Life in the Closet". The technical 'wiring closet' that is. Sigh. I'm not gay. I guess at 46 I would know by now. I just googled that and I can't believe that "www.lifeintheclosetdotcom" isn't taken by now.
So I go to this little elementary school today.
It is raining buckets outside, yards are flooded as are the ditches around the roads.
Inside the school the gymnasium is a buzz of noise and activity. The small children are dancing. I listened to the music. It is "Honky Tonk Woman" by the Rolling Stones. This has the words "I laid a divorcee in New York City..."
I thought to myself, "Wow. Pretty wild music there for that age group."
I went on to my little dusty and dark wiring closet. I was flushing out a Nachia worm on this school's network. I didn't know it was Nachia yet. I only knew that the router was "thrashing". I love that word. Anyway, I narrowed it down to two machines, and the technology guy cleaned them up - he told me which worm it was.
As I have stated before schools are cramped for space. They put the speech teacher in the closet with the network equipment in this school district. I was listening as I studied their network.
A little boy came in and was quite chatty with the teacher. He said "Tristan is a girl." The teacher said "No, Tristan is a boy." The boy was probably 8 or 10 years old. He said "Tristan is a girl because he has boyfriends like we have girlfriends!"
The teacher promptly went on with her lesson.
As I was leaving the school building I exited near the gymnasium. The song playing this time? "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet" by Bachman-Turner Overdrive. And the lyrics in this song include "Any love is good love. So I took what I could get!"
Cripes. I remember elementary school and gym class inside on gray rainy days. We danced to "The Farmer in the Dell!"
Oh, come on! "cripes" isn't in this blog's spell check dictionary?
4 comments:
I guess that most "young" teachers think that "oldies" won't contain bad lyrics...I wonder, did the teacher know who the Rolling Stones really wereand are???? Does she realize that they were the epitome(love this word) of badness in their hey day? BTO is mild compared to what the Stones represent. Think of it this way, it isn't 50 Cent or Snoop Dog. THeir lyrics are MUCH MUCH more grafic! I listen to "my" music with my elementary schooler. Most schools here don't go into the gym for recess, they go back to class where they do a project, play board games or something of the like. I think I like my district's idea better, no grafic lyrics for the kiddies in school!
Well, I have to admit. When I was six years old, Tommy James and the Shondells did come out with the song that had the lyrics "My baby does the hanky panky." It was a catchy tune, I used to sing it, but I had no idea what I was singing about (at the time).
I'm hoping Tristin will have a happy and supported life. :)
~S
And when the teachers tell him that he can be whatever he wants to be when he grows up - even the President of the United States - maybe in his time it will be true.
Post a Comment