Sunday, October 22, 2006

That is some tradition


Happiness is having a cake all to yourself

Somewhere the tradition started that when a baby has it's first birthday, they get an entire (small) cake to destroy for themselves. I don't know about this. I love cake (rather, I love the icing) as well as the next person, but this is a little much to digest. Of course she didn't eat the entire thing. She just stabbed at it and shoved a few fistfuls in her mouth, while we snapped some photos and everybody got a good laugh and then she was hauled away to be washed off.

My gracious, that's a lot of sugar.


2 comments:

Tabor said...

Looks as though she is enjoying playing with the 'sweet putty' rather than tasting it.

Peruby said...

It does. It also looks like she even got it up her nose. Yuck! I would have gone with a pink icing!