
One of the many beautiful lakes in Eastern Ohio.
My daughter received a lot of positive comments on her hair. My niece is adjusting to the fact that she is going to move ahead with her life. I am on vacation. I bought sugar, powdered sugar, peanut butter, chocolate chips, butter, vanilla and paraffin wax. Number of buckeyes made today: A big fat zero.
Do you think it makes a big difference if you use real vanilla extract? I just finished up a bottle of the real stuff in my banana bread yesterday. Today I purchased imitation. I don't bake a lot so I have never really experimented with the imitation. My Mom used imitation.
I do know that rainy weather affects fudge and I swear it ruined my buckeyes one year. I am hoping for drier weather. I have not checked the weather. I guess it will be what it will be.
I just hope that the wedding reception does not end up in one huge buckeye throwing fight.
I just hope that the wedding reception does not end up in one huge buckeye throwing fight.
3 comments:
Ok, I hate to be stupid but what is a buckeye? Can you take some pictures when you make them?
Mmmm, buckeyes. If you like peanut butter and chocolate, chances are you will love this candy!
They are rolled peanut butter (mixed with powdered sugar) balls dipped in melted chocolate chips. Some people dip them all the way into the chocolate, some (like me) dip them 2/3rds the way in so that they look like an actual buckeye from the tree.
Since Ohio is the "Buckeye state" I guess we are more abundant in the buckeye trees.
Buckeyes resemble a chestnut, but they are poisonous to eat.
The wax helps to coat the chocolate onto the ball and gives the end result a shiny appearance.
Please, take some pictures! I would like to know also what they look like, they do sound yummy though!
Post a Comment