
Yawn. Yet another photo of Friday's sunrise.
I had a document due today, so I woke up early. I needed to add some finishing touches. It was good because I was fresh. I'm not now, but I was as brilliant as the sunrise this morning. It all came together for me. Sigh. It's in. It's done. No comment from anyone. Double sigh. Whatever.
What job is perfect, huh? I spent extra time on this project. I worked last week on another problem, one day putting in 12 hours. Nobody says a word. Nothing.
I knew that once my daughter was older, more time would open up for extras on the job. I must take care not to let it consume me. It won't do me any good to give more than my share when I get nothing in return. We are all guilty of that sometimes.
I remember when I first started working. I was so vibrant. So full of energy. Jumping out of bed in the morning. Late teens, early twenties. The work world was mine to conquer. I drank it in. I beamed. I laughed. I was good. I did it all. I did more. I burned out. Yep. Became angry and depressed. I moved on to the next job thinking things will be different here. I bounced again. I was vibrant again. Yes, I could still be good! Repeat. I moved on.
The more you do the more they ask you to do. When you don't do anything or volunteer to do anything, they don't ask you to do anything. I was never smart enough to not volunteer.
I finished the movie The Sentinel. It was okay. Now, I have Poseidon to watch.
I knew that once my daughter was older, more time would open up for extras on the job. I must take care not to let it consume me. It won't do me any good to give more than my share when I get nothing in return. We are all guilty of that sometimes.
I remember when I first started working. I was so vibrant. So full of energy. Jumping out of bed in the morning. Late teens, early twenties. The work world was mine to conquer. I drank it in. I beamed. I laughed. I was good. I did it all. I did more. I burned out. Yep. Became angry and depressed. I moved on to the next job thinking things will be different here. I bounced again. I was vibrant again. Yes, I could still be good! Repeat. I moved on.
The more you do the more they ask you to do. When you don't do anything or volunteer to do anything, they don't ask you to do anything. I was never smart enough to not volunteer.
I finished the movie The Sentinel. It was okay. Now, I have Poseidon to watch.
1 comment:
Yep, you got that right...the more you do the more they want and after awhile they expect it from you and then you are so stressed out with nowhere to turn. One vicious cycle. Been there, done that and finally wised up in my later years.
Post a Comment