But, "warped paintbrush" was the feature I used in Photo Shop to make the jagged effects on a yard ornament I have in front of my patio. Yah. Fun stuff.
I do have a new photo of my "grand" nephew that I want to post. Tomorrow, then.
Having another teenager in the house is taking it's toll. A half gallon of milk was left out on the counter all afternoon. My daughter about had a fit. I went to the grocery store at 9 p.m. to buy more milk. To keep peace.
My bedroom door has been left open twice, now. I have my bird in there and I keep the door closed so that the cats don't bother him/her/it. I don't know why my niece is in my bedroom. I must put a stop to that. She used to use my computer, but she has her own laptop and it is wireless and can connect to the Internet fine. I don't have a printer in my room - it is out in the living room with my daughter's pc. Soo....
And, there are clothes left in the washing machine and the dryer when my daughter or I want to use them...little things that add up.
My therapist said that I need to make my niece pay something. I was thinking $20 a week. She is going to school full time, works at Red Lobster (pay is only 2.19 an hour plus tips) and sometimes she will sub for the Mental Retardation bus route helping load the riders and keep and eye on them while they ride the bus.
Red Lobster's 2.19 an hour is eaten up by taxes. It is a joke, really. She basically works for tip money and that is all.
She has little money and it isn't like she is drinking and laying around all day. She doesn't eat a lot and she does not have rowdy friends over. She used to have some seedy friends that made me nervous a couple of years ago when she was just 18. There will be the increase in water and electricity. She keeps the downstairs basement area clean, but does not do any kitchen work.
She does have car and car insurance to pay. She has no medical insurance.
I will remind her that there is no smoking in my house. What to do , what to do....
She has little money and it isn't like she is drinking and laying around all day. She doesn't eat a lot and she does not have rowdy friends over. She used to have some seedy friends that made me nervous a couple of years ago when she was just 18. There will be the increase in water and electricity. She keeps the downstairs basement area clean, but does not do any kitchen work.
She does have car and car insurance to pay. She has no medical insurance.
I will remind her that there is no smoking in my house. What to do , what to do....
Our county fair is going on this week. I am going to try to get there at least once. I will remember to take my camera. My daughter wants to go with her beau, I am not sure what night. They are torn between dog show or llama show. Yeah, really. Me, I wouldn't mind seeing the harness racing on Saturday. But it is at 1:00 p.m. and I have a baby shower to attend at 2:00 p.m. So, I guess I'll miss it. My daughter and I got to go shopping for little girl stuff today! Oh, the memories. Pink, soft blankets. Little chick bath robe. Wild and colorful bibs. Wee, tiny pink booties. Sigh.
I am meeting a friend at Bravo's Thursday evening for dinner. Italian. Mmmmm.

2 comments:
I think your therapist is right, charge rent ot your neice. It will give her responsibility and allow her to know that she will be able to be independent some day. It will also help you with the little extras that will happen because she is there, you mentioned the increase in electric etc. It will also be good toward your setting the ground rules, those are important too! Bless your heart, though, you are giving the girl a chance to make it, not to have to drop out of school to get by!
Miki you are absolutely right. I do not want her to drop out of college. I do see her trying hard. She is not wasting her time like some I have seen.
Post a Comment