
Is that a for real spider in that web?
Today was beautiful! I finished up some yard work that I started yesterday and thought I would walk around the block and take some pictures. Most were of the take-over plant Rose of Sharon. I walked by a hedge and saw this spider web shining in the sun. I couldn't get a great angle, so I held the camera up above my head in an attempt to get a better view.
Of course, I didn't know what the view was of until I downloaded the photos to my computer. Yikes! Is that a spider? My daughter said YES! That is a bit too close for me. Look at the size of that monster! It blends in with some of the dried brown leaves from a nearby oak tree.
I fixed the link from my "The Reception" post that points to my new album page. I hyper-linked the web page incorrectly and it took you the blogspot's nether land. I posted more pics of the spider web here.
Just a side note here: The rats are doing fine. The cats could care less about them. Sheesh! Our poor mouse is having some bad days, though. He is bleeding from the ear. I hear that they only live 18 months to 2 years. It has been about that long.
1 comment:
Ewwww...that just gives me the creeps and makes me itchy all over. I hate bugs and especialy spiders. We had 3 webs in the bushes at the front door but heavy rains swept them away. Thank God, because I wasn't about to mess with them, like when my husband said I should spray them. Huh uh, not me.
Post a Comment